LISAC Membership Application
Please click here to download Membership Application in PDF format or click here to complete online. (If you don’t have Adobe PDF reader, you can download it for free from Adobe’s site at: https://get.adobe.com/reader/download/)
Please complete our application form and attach all the required documents. Make cheques payable to The Life Insurance Settlement Association of Canada. Once you become a member you can review our By-Laws at our website: http://lisac.ca/. If you have questions regarding the application, please contact us.
Members provide services to policy owners and industry participants. LISAC serves as a voice for all. All members are subject to a vetting process prior to acceptance and members must review and accept the LISAC bylaws as well as provide if requested, a review of their business practice in the industry.
LISAC offers several types of membership and each offers its own benefits and distinctions. Members do business as: life insurance brokers, life insurance settlement providers, financing businesses, and service providers to the industry (i.e., law firms, medical underwriters, consultants, investment funds, actuarial firms, trustees and escrow agents).
LISAC has six categories of membership and detailed descriptions can be found in the by-laws, page five.
- Founding members: Initial fee $10,000 (no annual fees thereafter)
- Guiding members: Initial fee $5,000 and $500 annual fee
- Regular Entity Voting members: Initial fee of $2,500 and $250 annual fee
- Regular Individual Voting members: Initial fee of $1,000 and $200 annual fee
- Regular Non-voting members: Initial fee of $500 and $50 annual fee
- Associate members (non-voting) Initial fee of $250 and $50 annual fee
Membership applications are to be completed and submitted by email or post. Applicants may be admitted upon application and upon approval of the board of directors.
Dues and fees can be paid by cheque or credit card or Paypal after acceptance by LISAC.